The following Terms and Conditions of Sale (hereafter referred to as ‘Conditions of Sale’ shall apply exclusively between the Company – Shaker Ltd and the Buyer which refers to the person affecting the purchase from the Company.
1. Quotations are subject to acceptance within 1 month from date of issue. Unless a firm order is placed in writing within the said period of 1 month, the quotation shall be deemed to have been refused. Prices quoted are subject to onsite inspection and measurement.
2. Prices quoted are inclusive of value added tax at the then current rate.
3. The price quoted by the Company to the Buyer is inclusive of 1 template (pattern) appointment. Cabinets and finishes need to be completely installed prior to the template appointment. Should the units, on which the surface will be placed, not be properly installed, a second template appointment will be booked against a cost of €50.
4. The hob, tap and any other fittings needed, are to be on site during the site visit, unless supplied by the Company. Should any of the items requested not be available on site, the Company might need to carry out a second template at the additional cost of €50, or request that the buyer delivers the products needed to the Factory. The latter may result in fabrication and delivery delays.
5. When specified, the price quoted is inclusive of delivery to one destination only as indicated by the Buyer.
6. When purchasing products and appliances, plumbing and electrical installations are only included in the price when specified.
7. No order shall be subject to cancellation either in whole or in part without the Company’s prior written consent. If the Buyer desires to cancel an order and the Company gives its consent as aforesaid, the deposit paid on signing of the contract of sale shall be forfeited in favour of the Company by way of liquidated damages and the Buyer shall loose the rights to the goods ordered.
8. Any changes requested by the Buyer after signing of the contract of sale shall be quoted separately during the template and agreed to by both parties. It is not permissible to make changes after the template is complete. Changes made during template may delay delivery and installation dates.
9. Fabrication requires between a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 20 working days. As soon as the product enters its last stages of fabrication, the Company will contact the Buyer to organise the delivery. Should the delivery be delayed for any reason outside the Company’s control, the Company will not be held responsible for any consequential loss arising from any delay in delivery.
10. Should the Company experience difficulty to deliver and install in a normal way, due to changes or alterations made by the Buyer, without informing the Company, the Buyer will be obliged to pay extra charges to cover time involved to complete the installation.
11. The Company is not responsible for correcting or making good any misalignment, distortions or deficiencies in the building structures, flooring, plaster work and decoration. These are to be made good for by the buyer.
12. Should equipment be required for the delivery, this shall be at the sole charge of the Buyer. The Buyer is responsible to obtain the necessary permits needed from the Local Council.
13. The installed products should be inspected by the Buyer upon delivery and installation and any claims which might arise are to be notified to the company within 24 hours from installation.
14. The Buyer is responsible to read the care and use guidelines provided.
15. The Buyer hereby authorises the company to disclose personal data to bona fide financial institutions as and when required in the normal course of the Company’s business.
Terms of Payment (Prices and Values are in Euro)
16. All orders are subject to a 35% deposit of the value of the order. The deposit is to be paid by the Buyer to the Company upon the signing of the contract of sale. No orders will be processed by the Company unless the said deposit is paid by the Buyer.
17. The remaining balance is to be paid on delivery.
18. Outstanding amounts not settled in the manner set out above shall bear interest at the maximum rate of interest allowed by the law.
19. Servicing requests are to be made through www.shaker.com.mt/contact copy of the original order is to be attached.
20. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which has come into force on the 25th of May 2018, provides new rights to individuals and requires organisations to provide information about their processing in a clear and transparent way. Furthermore, any person data provided by you voluntarily will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), the GDPR and any other relevant data protection legislation, as may be amended from time to time.
21. For the purposes of the GDPR, Shaker Limited is the Data Controller.
22. The data that we may collect from you may include:
Your name and email address;
Your contact numbers;0035679387690
Your postal address.
23. We will process personal data on the basis of consent, our contractual obligations with you as our client and in accordance with our legitimate business interests.
24. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed (safeguard its integrity and confidentiality).
We also regularly review and, where practicable, improve upon these security measures.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
25. We share your personal data with the following entities:
26. Your Rights:
Right of Access
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to access all the personal and sensitive data held and processed by the Company.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Were the lawful ground of processing is based on consent, we bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to withdraw its consent for the processing of its data and opt out at any time. Once the Individual withdraws its consent, we will no longer process the Individual’s data.
Right to Rectification
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to request modification of all the personal and sensitive data held and processed by us.
Right to Erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to request to remove all the personal and sensitive data held and processed by us.
Right to restriction of processing
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to request to withdraw from a particular activity.
Right to data portability
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to request a copy of personal and sensitive data held and processed by the Company.
Right to Object
We bind ourselves to allow the Buyer to request to withdrawal from all future activities and the removal of all personal and sensitive data held and processed by us.
We bind ourselves to retain the data for a maximum period of 10 years
Right to lodge a Complaint
All Data Protection enquiries/complaints should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Buyer also has the right to lodge a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta as the data protection supervisory authority:
Information and Data Protection Commissioner
Level 2, Airways House
Sliema SLM 1549
Tel: (+356) 2328 7100
27. If you need to contact us, please email us.